CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

*The Beginning of the End (A short story)

The icy, crisp wind blew over me, caressing my exposed arms and face. I gazed up into the seemingly endless sky, mind full of awe and wonder. An immense glow fell down from the moon's whole, glistening face, casting everything in a teal light. Even the water below me shone like a liquid silver from its light. This was may place, a place where I could be humbled by nature's beauty, a place where I could think and organize my jumbled, over crowded mind, and my place to get away form the thoughts that led me to thinking about him. I listened to the wind rake thought the trees, as I ran my fingers along the grain of the dock's smooth wood that I was sitting on. Just then the chilling wind slammed into my body, my mind went instantly to wishing he was here with me, only he could drive out the cold inside, and out. Tears sprang to my eyes as I remembered our last conversation, “What if I can't move on?” I pleaded. “Of course you can” his voice just above a rasping wiper “Life goes on, it's not the end of the world.” That's what he thought, my world was slowly crumbling and sliding away before me. “I'm sorry” I blumberd. He looked at me with his stern but loving don't-you-even-think-about-it, look and replied “None of this is your fault, you remember that.” Those where his last words. I came back to the serene nature in front of me. Tears cascaded down from my eyes and landed in the water ending their suicidal plunge. In all of this world only one ting seems to be true to me, 'life's not fair' . . .

*All stories are property of Castro. It is illegal to copy this story without permission from the author.

0 comments: