CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Night to Wish For (A Short Story)

The world spun brightly around me, casting everything in the warm glow I felt. It feels as if my heart was going to burst with this joy that was so rarely felt. Low and sharp, I heard his booming laugh. I spun around to look at his glorious face. Golden curls tousled upon his head, and his blue, heart shattering eyes crinkled at the corners. The sight made my heart flutter and my mouth curve in an unexpected grin. This was freedom, no one to tell me what to do, or who to be, and then being here, with him, the fuel to the fire. He walked towards me, snow crunching underneath his feet and swept me up in a warm embracing hug. I thought it funny, I didn't realize I was cold until he was there warming me inside and out. I felt so small next to him, he was my personal skyscraper. If only he knew how I felt, if I only knew how he felt. It's so hard to tell, one day it seems as if he likes me and the next day he is a total stranger. Only then did I realize I now knew what the phrase 'emotional roller coaster' meant. Why does everything have to be so complicated? Is it so necessary to go through it all and so often only to end up in heartbreak? Garbing my frosty hand, which always seems to be cold, he pulled me along besides him. We slid on the freshly casted snow on the ground making a game of it as we went. Torture and happiness seemed to always walk hand in hand when I am with him. But for the moment I let happiness take over filling everything again in my warm golden glow.

*All stories are property of Castro. It is illegal to copy this story without permission from the author.

0 comments: